Easy way to use the cloud to connect traceability applications from different suppliers across these increasingly complex industrial companies? I received another of those press releases that seem almost too good to be true. So I called the company.
The application uses open APIs, proprietary connectors, and other such technologies to tap into all the different databases. But the key points are easy to set up and use as well as easily bring relevant data to the person who needs it.
Leading2Lean, a cloud-based lean manufacturing solutions provider, introduced TraceCloud, a CloudDISPATCH engine designed to identify possible manufacturing problems across disparate systems in different plants. TraceCloud eliminates the cost and risk of removing existing traceability systems and replacing them with a standardized system across all plants—an expense of upwards of tens of millions of dollars.
It’s common for companies to use different traceability systems for each of its plants. Discovering issues and tracking them across various systems can take days and tie up precious IT resources ultimately needed in other areas. Some discovery processes may even include shutting down production. With TraceCloud, companies can access aggregated data from multiple systems and find issues in just minutes.
When a problem is detected—because of a faulty product, for example—TraceCloud is able to quickly alert production teams about the problem, and allow for quick access to the data necessary to identify the root cause. Manufacturers can then contain the suspect material, ultimately preventing the quality issue from being perpetuated or shipped. Once the system has contained the material, TraceCloud enables quick decision-making based on facts and data collected from systems at various production plants and even suppliers.
“TraceCloud is drastically cutting the time to identify, solve and contain quality problems, saving companies millions of dollars,” said Keith Barr, CEO of Leading2Lean.
TraceCloud offers seven key components:
- Traceability and genealogy: Manufacturers can trace all the way through source material to make decisions based on facts. TraceCloud brings simplicity to creating a complete birth certificate of your products, both serialized or lot based.
- Unites existing systems: TraceCloud combines data from multiple systems and sites, enabling easy standardization and eliminating the need for costly replacement of current systems in existing or newly acquired plants.
- Ease of use: No need to make requests to IT. Simply go into TraceCloud’s easy, point-and-click, intuitive system and get the answer back in minutes from the convenience of your office. TraceCloud enables quality engineers to easily identify opportunities for improvement much more quickly.
- Alerting and containment: With TraceCloud, you can notify all relevant parties upon discovering a lot-based or serialized issue. The system will identify the location of all corresponding product issues, and contain the faulty product.
- Dynamic data collection: Leading2Lean’s dynamic-schema architecture lets manufacturers collect variable data length and type, as well as counting to extend product trace detail to any degree desired. Collect machines used, participating operators, settings or readings in the process, and combine bill-of-materials (BOM) from both serialized or lot to create the complete genealogy tree.
- Eleven9s: Leading2Lean performs above industry benchmarks, with Eleven9s durability of historical data. Traceability data is kept above safety standards with little to no risk of data loss.
- Year-Long-Term data storage: Maintain your data for 20-plus years. TraceCloud maintains your data for as long as needed, and the system allows anyone to retrieve data instantly when required.