Siemens sent a news release notifying the release of its 2022 Sustainability Report. Regarding sustainability, click the link on the Carbon Almanac image on the right sidebar for general information about reducing our own carbon footprint.
Siemens has been a pioneer in sustainability for many years and is continuing to accelerate its commitments. With the publication of its Sustainability Report covering environmental, societal and corporate governance (ESG) for fiscal 2022, the company announced new, more ambitious targets for its own decarbonization as well as extensive investments. Siemens also disclosed the customer emissions avoided through its products and solutions sold in 2022, approximately 150 million tons, based on an updated future impact calculation methodology in accordance with the principles outlined in the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol Reporting Standard.
- Approximately 46 percent CO2 reduction in own operations since 2019
- Ambitious targets: 55 percent physical CO2 reduction by 2025 and 90 percent by 2030
- Approximately 150 million tons customer emissions avoided with Siemens’ products and solutions sold in FY 2022
- €650 million investment for own decarbonization by 2030
- €280 million investment for training and continuing education of own workforce in 2022