MQTT continues to prove its value as a lightweight data transport. HiveMQ had written a Java client some years ago. It has now released a C# client for those of you in the Microsoft world. The company notes that this should appeal to companies building IoT applications on the Microsoft .NET framework. These are said to work with any MQTT broker to fast-track application development cycles.
The HiveMQ MQTT C# client is available on GitHub under the liberal Apache 2 license, and community feedback and public contributions are welcome. Key features include:
• The ability to send an MQTT message in as little as 3 lines of code
• Compliant with the MQTT 5 specification
• Support for all MQTT Quality of Service (QoS) levels
• Security features including TLS and basic authentication
• Support for the latest Microsoft .NET Framework
• Available as a NuGet package on NuGet.org