Charlie Gifford and his crew have been hard at work developing a curriculum and completing nine courses on implementing Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) / Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) systems.
After six years of development, more than 200 certificated students have indicated they are highly satisfied with the classes they took. According to Gifford, “It is high value to even old MESA Pros. We have had executive to developer walk out highly satisfied. Scores are 3.5 out of 4 in all 9 courses now.”
The MES/MOM Methodology CoC Program is scheduled on August 16-19 in Los Angeles and on August 23-26 in Seattle. Look for classes coming up in Denver, Sao Paulo, Philadelphia and Shanghai.
The course abstracts are on the website under programs.
MESA has launched two programs this year in a series of forums that are offering MES/MOM Methodology Certificate of Competency (CoC) and MES/MOM Methodology Certificate of Awareness (CoA).
MESA MES/MOM Methodologies Program: MESA Certificate of Competency (CoC, 4 Days)
This MESA CoC Program is a comprehensive program of MES/MOM Methodologies courses in a 4 Day Curriculum for MES/MOM Consultants, System Analysts, Architects, Programmers, and Project Managers.
CoC Program Courses
1. Overview: Manufacturing Operations Models and Integration Standards (3 hours)
2. The Role of MES/MOM System in Continuous Improvement and the Collaborative Pull Supply Chain (2 hours)
3. Manufacturing Transformation Strategy: Maturity and Roadmap Modeling(3 hour)
4. Metric Framework for Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI): Aligning Financial and Operations Metrics (4 hours)
5. MES/MOM System Justification and ROI Assessment (4 hours)
6. MES/MOM SOW, RFP and Product Evaluation Method (4 hours)
7. Manufacturing 2.0 Architecture Overview (SOA for Manufacturing) (4 hours)
8. MES/MOM Implementation and Governance: MES/MOM System Requirement Specifications, GAMP and Industrial System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methods (4 hours)
9. MES/MOM Project Management Techniques (4 hours)
Much of the training materials are derived from the MESA/ISA-95 Best Practices Working Group’s 20 Methodology Papers and the MESA Guidebooks. Here is information on the new book out this month–When Worlds Collide in Manufacturing Operations: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 2.0
Chapter 1: SOA for Manufacturing Overview
Chapter 2: Data Architecture for MOM: The Manufacturing Master Data Approach
Chapter 3: Building a Manufacturing Transformation Strategy with ISA-95 Methods
Chapter 4: Work Process Management for Adaptive Manufacturing
Chapter 5: B2MML, Integration Patterns, and Data Mapping
Chapter 6: Integration of Manufacturing Intelligence with MOM
Chapter 7: Lifecycle of Service Creation using the ISA-95 MOM