The OPC Foundation will host OPC Technology Summit 2012 on October 16-18 in Orlando, Florida, at the Renaissance Orlando Hotel at SeaWorld.
OPC is one of those technologies that sometimes flies under the radar. Almost everyone uses it in some manner, but not everyone knows how to exploit it to its fullest extent. Especially the power of the latest iteration OPC UA–the technology that moves OPC from the Microsoft COM/DCOM foundation to a more modern XML and Microsoft.Net technology.
There is still time to register and plan your trip, so I thought I’d try to get the Top 5 Reasons to attend OPC Technology Summit 2012.
Learn how OPC UA…
1. Provides interoperability: Roland Essmann, Elster, with SAP and Beckhoff, demos shop-floor to top-floor connectivity.
2. Is field proven: Mbaga Ahorukomeye, Schlumberger, presents OPC UA in drilling automation architecture.
3. Provides competitive advantage: Mark Conde, Universal Parks & Resorts, discusses “future proofing” your application with OPC UA.
4. Is easy to use and available: Global automation suppliers ABB, Invensys, Rockwell Automation, Siemens and Yokogawa present OPC UA technology adoption roadmaps.
5. Is certified: Bill Cotter, 3M, addresses OPC Foundation certification.
This is another of the conferences I’ll be attending. See you there.