I have received more information from course architect Charlie Gifford about the upcoming series of courses on MES/MOM from MESA International.
MESA International, an international organization promoting best practices in manufacturing execution systems (MES) and manufacturing operations management (MOM), is launching two programs this year in a series of forums that are offering MES/MOM Methodology Certificate of Competency (CoC) and MES/MOM Methodology Certificate of Awareness (CoA).
Much of the training materials are derived from the ISA-95 Best Practices Working Group’s 20 Methodology Papers and the MESA Guidebooks. This new book published by the International Society of Automation (ISA), “When Worlds Collide in Manufacturing Operations: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 2.0,” is derived from the papers. The book’s outline is:
Chapter 1: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) for Manufacturing Overview
Chapter 2: Data Architecture for MOM: The Manufacturing Master Data Approach
Chapter 3: Building a Manufacturing Transformation Strategy with ISA-95 Methods
Chapter 4: Work Process Management for Adaptive Manufacturing
Chapter 5: B2MML, Integration Patterns, and Data Mapping
Chapter 6: Integration of Manufacturing Intelligence with MOM
Chapter 7: Lifecycle of Service Creation using the ISA-95 MOM
MESA MES/MOM Methodologies Program: MESA Certificate of Competency (CoC, 4 Days)
This MESA CoC Program is a comprehensive program of MES/MOM Methodologies courses in a 4 Day Curriculum for MES/MOM Consultants, System Analysts, Architects, Programmers, and Project Managers.
CoC Program Courses Overview:
1. Manufacturing Operations Models and Integration Standards (3 hours)
2. The Role of MES/MOM System in Continuous Improvement and the Collaborative Pull Supply Chain (2 hours)
3. Manufacturing Transformation Strategy: Maturity and Roadmap Modeling(3 hour)
4. Metric Framework for Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI): Aligning Financial and Operations Metrics (4 hours)
5. MES/MOM System Justification and ROI Assessment (4 hours)
6. MES/MOM SOW, RFP and Product Evaluation Method (4 hours)
7. Manufacturing 2.0 Architecture Overview (SOA for Manufacturing) (4 hours)
8. MES/MOM Implementation and Governance: MES/MOM System Requirement Specifications, GAMP and Industrial System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methods (4 hours)
9. MES/MOM Project Management Techniques (4 hours)
MESA MES/MOM Business Function Program: MESA Certificate of Awareness (CoA, 2 Days)
A MESA CoA Program is a high-level program of the MES/MOM Business Function courses in a 2 Day Curriculum for Executives, IT Professionals, and Manufacturing Professionals are short courses. These short courses are high-level versions of the 4 hour courses in the MES/MEM Methodology CoC Program.
CoA Program Courses
1. Strategic Relationships between MES/MOM, ERP, PLM, Supply Chain, BPM and Automation Initiatives (2 hours)
2. Market Requirement for Adaptive MES/MOM Systems based on Industry Standards (2 hours)
3. Manufacturing Transformation Strategy: Maturity and Roadmap Modeling (1 hour)
4. Justifying Manufacturing Operations System to Business Leaders (3 hours)
5. The Role of MES/MOM Systems in Continuous Improvement and the Collaborative Pull Supply Chain (1 hour)
6. Metric Framework for Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI): Aligning Financial and Operations Metrics (2 hours)
7. The Influence of Management Philosophy on MES/MOM Deployment and Governance (2 hours)
8. Choose the Right Solution: MES/MOM SOW, RFP and Product Evaluation Methods (2 hours)
9. MES/MOM Project Management Techniques (1 hours)
Course dates and locations are:
Chicago: CoC, March 7-11; CoA; March 14-15, 16-17
Sydney, Australia: CoC, April 5-8; CoA April 11-12.
Melbourne, Australia: CoA, April 14-15; CoC, April 18-21.
Philadelphia, PA: CoC, April 5-8; CoA, April 11-12
San Francisco, CA: CoA, May 5-6; CoC, May 9-12
Johannesburg, South Africa: CoC, May 4-7; CoA, May 11-12
Toronto/Mississauga, CN: CoC, May 31-June 3; 2 CoA. June 6-9
Copenhagen: COA, April 7-8
Haarlem, Netherlands: CoA, March 7 & 8
Nuneaton, UK: CoA, 28 Feb & Mar 1
Nuneaton, UK: CoC, 14-17 June
“When Worlds Collide in Manufacturing Operations: ISA-95 Best Practices Book 2.0,” by Charlie Gifford, Editor and Contributing Author. ISA member price is $99.00, while non-members can purchase it for $109.00. Information can be found on the Web here.