Rockwell Automation’s strategy right now seems to be developing partnerships for special use cases. This announcement concerns collaborating with GE Healthcare for bioprocessing automation.
At a glance, GE Healthcare and Rockwell Automation can help companies:
- Gain greater efficiency with FlexFactory single-use equipment integrated with Figurate bioprocess automation that improves reproducibility, repeatability and compliance.
- Digitize batch files and processes to reduce review times by weeks and even achieve real-time reviews.
- Deliver instructions to workers with augmented reality to improve batch execution, operations, equipment setup and training.
- Collaboration will help drug manufacturers improve efficiencies, get to market faster and deliver personalized medicines with innovative solutions.
- Joint work is pivotal step in transforming biopharmaceutical manufacturing to meet the needs of the biopharma 4.0 era
GE Healthcare and Rockwell Automation are combining their automation, IT, and single-use solution expertise to build bioprocessing operations for the digital age. GE Healthcare has also joined the Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork Program as an OEM Partner to help drive a best-in-class distributed control system offering.
Kevin Seaver, executive general manager, Bioprocess Automation and Digital, GE Healthcare, said: “As GE Healthcare and the healthcare ecosystem move toward precision health, flexible and scalable solutions are critical for companies to efficiently manufacture smaller batches of tailored medicines. Our collaboration with Rockwell Automation is an integral part of our strategy to confirm we deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of the biopharma 4.0 era.”
Fran Wlodarczyk, senior vice president, Architecture and Software, Rockwell Automation said: “Our collaboration with GE Healthcare will help make bioprocessing operations more agile. The facility of the future reimagines what’s possible in production of biopharmaceuticals. It uses connectivity, information, and modular equipment to create smaller-scale, more efficient operations. As GE Healthcare becomes a member of our PartnerNetwork program, our joint work will help GE Healthcare bring the Connected Enterprise to life, so they can meet demands for more targeted drugs and get products to market faster.”
Automation improves operational efficiency with reduced production risk and streamlines workflows resulting in faster times to market. This collaboration leverages the combined expertise in single-use bioprocessing with deep automation and IT knowledge to turn data insights into productive outcomes.