Robotic innovation continues apace emphasizing ease-of-use and reduced pricing. I had thought that the technology had matured for industrial applications. A conversation with Epson product people recently revealed some new tricks that remain to innovate within the SCARA robotic technology.
How about adapting a 6-axis robot for mounting in an autonomous mobile robot (AMR)? This DC-powered version of the Epson VT6L robot shows the essence of creativity—bringing two ideas together to form something new and useful.
The VT6L-DC offers the same powerful features found in Epson’s high-end robots. With a built-in controller, reach of up to 900 mm and a payload of up to 6 kg, it enables high throughput and operational flexibility in a space-saving design. The VT6L-DC comes equipped with two development environments – Epson RC+ for full-featured, easy-to-learn programming and Epson RC+ Express for no-code programming.
Additional VTL6-DC features include:
- SlimLine Design – compact wrist pitch enables access to hard-to-reach areas in confined spaces
- Fast, Easy Integration – installs in minutes; requires less time and money for system integration
- Integrated Vision Guidance Option – designed specifically for robot guidance; makes it easy to automate simple applications when vision is required
- Simplified Cabling – hollow end-of-arm design makes end-of-arm tooling easier than ever
- No Battery Required for Encoder – minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership
- Application Versatility – ideal for machine-tool and injection-molding load/unload, pick-and-place, dispensing and mobile applications
Additional RC+ Express features include:
- Simple to Navigate – clear, intuitive, visual user interface makes it easy to learn and manage key functions like jogging, gripper control and motion
- Common Application Templates Included – quickly create common pick-and-place, palletizing and depalletizing applications with ready-to-use template programs and tutorials
- Develop Applications with Low Risk – built-in 3D simulator lets you conveniently program and fine-tune applications before hardware setup; run robot at low power and speed in rehearsal mode when testing new programs
- Tablet-Based Windows OS Environment –compatible with touchscreen devices, in addition to PCs, to easily create robot applications
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – Epson RC+ Express is included with robot purchases and no recurring licensing fees