Pundits and writers of the manufacturing market harp on data. Nassim Nicholas Taleb tells us in his writings that we can keep accumulating data until we drown. Snowflake has data management tools used by many to handle all the data. This is a new release called Snowflake Manufacturing Data Cloud that looks full of possibility.
- Empowers manufacturers to collaborate with partners, suppliers, and customers to improve supply chain performance, product quality and factory efficiency
- Snowflake’s ecosystem of manufacturing partners delivers pre-built solutions and industry datasets to support a diverse set of manufacturing and industrial use cases
- Global manufacturers across industries, including ExxonMobil and Scania use Snowflake to drive digital transformation
Snowflake Launches Manufacturing Data Cloud to Improve Supply Chain Performance and Power Smart Manufacturing
● The Manufacturing Data Cloud empowers manufacturers to collaborate with partners, suppliers, and customers to improve supply chain performance, product quality and factory efficiency
● Snowflake’s ecosystem of manufacturing partners delivers pre-built solutions and industry datasets to support a diverse set of manufacturing and industrial use cases
● Global manufacturers across industries, including ExxonMobil and Scania use Snowflake to drive digital transformation
Manufacturing Data Cloud enables companies in automotive, technology, energy, and industrial sectors to unlock the value of their critical siloed industrial data by leveraging Snowflake’s data platform, Snowflake- and partner-delivered solutions, and industry-specific datasets.
Following are a number of lists with details and use cases.
- Building a data foundation: A single, fully-managed, secure platform for multi-cloud data consolidation with unified governance and elastic performance that supports virtually any scale of storage, compute, and users. It allows manufacturers to break down data silos by ingesting both IT and OT data and analyzing it alongside third-party partner data.
- Improving supply chain performance: Enable seamless data sharing and collaboration with partners for downstream and upstream visibility across an organization’s entire supply chain coupling its own data with data from third-party partners and data from Snowflake Marketplace. By leveraging this data with SQL and Snowpark, Snowflake’s developer framework for Python, Java, and Scala, different teams can collaborate on the same data and build AI and ML models.
- Powering smart manufacturing: Native support for semi-structured, structured, and unstructured high volume Internet of Things (IoT) data.
- Leveraging industry leading network of manufacturing partners: Take advantage of a rich partner ecosystem and industry-specific, prebuilt templates.
- Applications Powered by Snowflake include ones developed by Blue Yonder, Elementum, and Avetta.
- Snowflake Marketplace partners, include FourKites and Yes Energy enabling live access to a variety of data sources.
- Consulting and service organizations including Deloitte, LTIMindtree, and phData, offer pre-built solutions.
- Technology leaders, including Fivetran and Tableau, provide integrations and out-of-the-box solutions.
Customer use cases
- ABB – The technology leader in electrification and automation is using Snowflake to unify all of its data, including incoming raw materials from suppliers, plant production capacity, and sales orders, to streamline manufacturing operations and meet customer demand.
- EDF – The energy supplier for homes and businesses across the UK used Snowflake and its Snowpark Python development framework to build a complete machine learning operation solution in a few months, and deliver data products that lead to higher customer satisfaction and retention.
- Molex – A leading manufacturer of connectors, is using the Snowflake Manufacturing Data Cloud to fuel their digital transformation journey, including sharing data securely across the organization and with external partners and generating manufacturing shop-floor and business KPIs.
- Scania – The truck, bus, and industrial engine manufacturer uses Snowflake to continuously stream data from 600,000 connected vehicles and Snowpark for Python to prepare data for machine learning, which gives the company a comprehensive view for monitoring vehicle performance and supporting Scania’s product-related services.