Hexagon has been busily acquiring companies over the past year or two. It has also launched an interesting incubator-type program called Sixth Sense encouraging start up entrepreneurs with enticements of monetary support.
- Second Sixth Sense challenge invites applications from disruptive start-ups in digital reality, visualisation, artificial intelligence, and automation.
- Launched in January 2022, the open innovation platform supports scaling start-ups in advanced manufacturing with Hexagon resources and market insights.
- Up to three winners will be selected after an intensive 10-week programme and offered the opportunity to scale their business alongside Hexagon.
Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division announced the launch of its second Sixth Sense start-up challenge: digital reality and visualisation for a sustainable future.
Hexagon launched the Sixth Sense open innovation platform in January 2022 to nurture start-ups in the advanced manufacturing space with Hexagon resources. Its first winners were selected in June and are rapidly scaling with Hexagon’s portfolio and impressive customer base. Its Manufacturing Intelligence division provides engineering, production and quality technology and services to the world’s biggest and most innovative technology leaders around the world, from customers such as Audi and Boeing, to partners like Microsoft.
Sixth Sense has now opened applications for its second cohort, inviting entries from start-ups with innovative technologies in advanced visualisation, digital realities, artificial intelligence, and automation. A cohort will be selected based on a pitching competition in September, after which the platform will fast-track the companies through an intensive 10-week programme to inform and refine their offering with Hexagon’s market insights. Up to three start-ups will be selected from that shortlist at the final in December and offered the opportunity to scale their business alongside Hexagon. The winners will also have the unique opportunity to be part of Hexagon’s open platform for smart manufacturing collaboration; the “Connect, Innovate, Empower” Nexus ecosystem.
This cohort’s theme builds on Hexagon’s commitment to accelerate innovation and drive the global shift to a new sustainable way of operating. Sixth Sense will see a focus on the following areas of emerging technology: digital twin innovations, metaverse factory design, predictive and prescriptive intelligence, and autonomous and sustainable manufacturing operations.
The selection criteria for Sixth Sense include:
- $3m or less in revenue
- 1-5 years in existence
- Post seed, Series A, Series A+
- Proven traction and product-market fit
- Propensity to scale
- Validation of investment from third party
- IP & licenses