Industrial conferences and forums winter/spring season pops up with baseball’s spring training. I’ve written a couple of times about places I’ll be in February and March. Then a friend sent a note on LinkedIn—Gary, here’s a new conference you should attend.
Another friend started to tell me about it last week, but the conversation was diverted. So, I looked it up, contacted the organizer, and now I’ll be in Chicago January 31 and February 1.
The organizers are apparently European. The subject is Industry 4.0. That is the German initiative that is called in other places Industrial Internet of Things. Unveiling the Industry 4.0 Think Tank.
Some of the sponsors include Optel, Beckhoff, SMC, SME, and OPC Foundation. The speakers include a mix of suppliers and end users. And the list so far is impressive.
Quoting the event organizers, “The Industry 4.0 ThinkTank event brings together provocative thinkers, industry leaders and experts in various fields to get organizations ready for the next industrial revolution.”
Not only are there good speakers, but also the planners expect much networking to happen as well as informal discussions as they say, “Get ready to face global markets, become a leader in digital evolution, find strategic partners, mentors or competitors and learn from their real-life experiences. Discuss with industry specialists better ways to optimize the transition towards the next generation of manufacturing.”
A few bullet points of things you could expect:
- Uncover the Secrets to a Successful Industry 4.0. Transition
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of your organization by analyzing your processes, human resources and information, as well as tools, control measures and culture.
- Discover ways to identify which systems/processes you may need to integrate into future solutions, and identify the analyses, assessments and listings needed to achieve that goal.
- Learn how to simplify and humanize the Industry 4.0 digitization of your business, along with industry peers facing the same challenges.
- Determine how to properly assess your employees’ strengths, weaknesses, potential and involvement to integrate Industry 4.0 requirements into your operations.
- Learn where we are headed industrialization-wise and analyze the maturity and ability of your company to withstand the revolution that is Industry 4.0.
- Explore automatization, employee mobility, business intelligence, efficiency, robotizing, process evolution and become more efficient in your day-to-day tasks.
- Grasp the complexities of Industry 4.0, learn tips on how to streamline your implementation and discover new technologies.
- Review principles that can be applied to your work and process in order to be more productive and up-to-date.
See you there!